Lead Exposure Testing

Lead is a very common heavy metal. From batteries and x-ray shields to gasoline and painting/home construction products, exposure to small amounts of lead is almost inevitable. Although it occurs naturally, high levels of lead can cause serious harm to the human body.

Lead-based paints have been banned from the U.S. since 1978, and many other regulations have been put into place to limit exposure. However, older homes and buildings still contain higher amounts of lead. A buildup of lead in the bloodstream is called lead poisoning.

Could I have lead poisoning?

Lead exposure awareness is critical if you:

  • Have children
  • Are pregnant
  • Work around a lot of lead products
  • Live or work in old buildings.

Lead poisoning doesn’t happen overnight. It typically builds up over weeks and months, even years. It’s unlikely you’ll have symptoms of lead poisoning until you have quite a bit of lead in your system.

Test Smartly Labs is here to run a lead poisoning test to determine if the levels of lead in your body present any dangers.