It’s a painful experience for anyone to go through. You’re decided to take a big step and welcome a new member to the family, but your pregnancy tests are consistently negative. After months of disappointment, you wonder – am I infertile?
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) defines infertility as:
“Not being able to get pregnant (conceive) after one year (or longer) of unprotected sex.”
The CDC estimates:
- About 6% of married women aged 15 to 44 years in the United States are unable to get pregnant after one year of trying (infertility).
- About 12% of women aged 15 to 44 years in the United States have difficulty getting pregnant or carrying a pregnancy to term.
Men AND women can experience infertility, and there are steps that can be taken to overcome this relatively common problem.
Infertility Lab Tests
Working with an experienced doctor is critical to get to the bottom of fertility concerns. A reproductive specialist can determine the cause and pinpoint strategies to meet your family-building goals.
We offer a number of tests to uncover hormone imbalances. It’s best to let your doctor advise what needs checked.
Test Smartly Labs is a preferred testing partner for people facing the same struggles as you, and we can get your blood work drawn quickly and comfortably.
To request your Infertility Test, talk to your doctor and give us a call to schedule your appointment.
Lab tests we provide
At Test Smartly Labs, we offer lab tests to check for hormones men and women to check that lead to sustainable pregnancies.
Male Fertility Panel
- T4 Thyroxine, Free, Direct, Serum
- Urinalysis, Complete With Microscopic Examination
- TSH (Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone)
- FSH, Follicle Stimulating Hormone + LH, Leutinizing Hormone
- Testosterone, Free (Direct), Serum With Total Testosterone
- SHBG (Sex Hormone Binding Globulin)
- DHEA-S (Dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate)
- Estrogens, Total
You can also request a comprehensive and ultimate female fertility panel.