Prolactin is a hormone produced in the pituitary gland, and it’s often associated with breastfeeding. Did you know men and women both produce prolactin in small amounts? Pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers produce much more.
The American Association for Chemical Chemistry explains a doctor may request prolactin testing when:
- There’s an issue with a new mom trying to breastfeed but having trouble
- Someone is lactating (but not intending to)
- Women are experiencing infertility, menopause or other aging signs
- Men are experiencing reduced libido
- They are suspicious of a major problem contributing to symptoms
Prolactin testing can be performed on its own but is often part of an infertility panel to give your doctor further insight.
We encourage you to work with a medical doctor to decide the tests you need to provide results that’ll lead to viable solutions.
Our clients find it easy to locate our labs and enjoy quick service and our friendly staff. We offer convenience and lower costs than you’ll find at in the hospital setting. Call Test Smartly Labs today for your Prolactin Testing today.