Testing for Businesses/Organizations
Employees are one of the most valuable assets of any company – just ask the employer! They can make or break a company. Optimal productivity is the anchor to your success.
That’s why it’s important to take good care of them and give them all of the tools and resources necessary for success.
While clear HR policies and safe workplace environments are a must, your workplace drug and alcohol policy is equally important. An official program highlighting your testing procedures and expectations for all employees is the best way to protect yourself and your business.
Test Smartly Labs is here to be your partner for your workplace drug testing needs.
Why is drug and alcohol testing in the workplace so important?
A solid drug and alcohol testing program in the workplace keeps the team safe and saves you money. The U.S. Department of Labor reports:
- Alcoholism causes 500 million lost workdays each year.
- The National Institutes of Health reported that alcohol and drug abuse cost the economy $246 billion in 1992.
- According to results of a NIDA-sponsored survey, drug-using employees are:
- 2.2 times more likely to request early dismissal or time off
- 2.5 times more likely to have absences of eight days or more
- 3 times more likely to be late for work
- 3.6 times more likely to be involved in a workplace accident
- 5 times more likely to file a workers’ compensation claim
To enjoy higher profits, less absenteeism, lower theft, and fewer claims and accidents, a drug and alcohol-free policy is critical to your workplace.
Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and alcohol testing
The Department of Transportation takes drug and alcohol use very seriously. There are specific regulations that must be followed for DOT-approval including physicals for drivers.
Test Smartly Labs is experienced in performing a range of DOT tests for many agencies under its jurisdiction.
Workplace wellness programs
Test Smartly Labs is also here to provide workplace wellness services. From offering flu shots for the entire office to performing biometric screenings and running standard health panels, we can help your employees maintain optimal health.